Sunday, May 6, 2018
12:30 to 4:30 pm
$8/person; free to FAHP members
Join us for a day celebrating all things train (big & small)! Special guests, exact layouts, and activities are subject to change.
**Please note that this is not a regular Steamin’ Day event. To make room for all of our special train-themed activities and displays, the historic automobiles will not be giving rides on this day. But, the collection will be on display within the Marshall Steam Museum, which is open throughout the event.
Additionally, take a tour of the first floor of the Auburn Heights mansion! $5/person.
Planned activities include:
- Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad (of course!) featuring our 1/8-size live steam and diesel locomotives
- 1930 electric trains in the Marshall Steam Museum (of course)
- Special 7¼”-gauge “Diesel”-style locomotive exhibit owned by one of our longtime members
- Special exhibits spotlighting early track tools, the history of the Auburn Valley Railroad and more!
- Special visitors from the Nordel Model Railroad Club with their fun display of model trains!
Displays of historic railroad tools and equipment
Building trains out of recycled materials. We will supply all the building supplies you bring the creative talent!