Sunday, May 7, 2017
12:30 to 4:30 pm
$8/person; free to FAHP members
Join us for a day celebrating all things train (big & small)! Special guests, exact layouts, and activities are subject to change.
**Please note that this is not a regular Steamin’ Day event. To make room for all of our special train-themed activities and displays, the historic automobiles will not be giving rides on this day. But, the collection will be on display within the Marshall Steam Museum, which is open throughout the event.
Planned activities include:
- Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad (of course!) featuring our 1/8-size live steam and diesel locomotives
- 1930 electric trains in the Marshall Steam Museum (of course)
- Spectacular HO Gauge Modular Layout operated by the Northern Delaware Model Railroad Club (see below)
- Special 7¼”-gauge “Diesel”-style locomotive exhibit owned by one of our longtime members
- Special exhibits spotlighting early track tools, the history of the Auburn Valley Railroad and more!
Special Guests: The Northern Delaware Model Railroad Club with their modular electric trains layout. Learn more about the club here.
Displays of historic railroad tools and equipment
Photo exhibit on the making of the Auburn Valley Railroad, the 1/8-size railroad that circles the Auburn Heights estate.
Building train costumes out of recycled materials. We supply the boxes and other building supplies and options for decorating (including paints! Adults we will have a small number of smocks available). You bring the creative talent. This particular activity will be changed if the weather turns bad.