Sunday, May 5, 2019
12:30 to 4:30 pm
$8/person; free to Members
Join us for a day celebrating all things train (big & small)! Special guests, special layouts, and activities are subject to change.
**Please note that this is not a regular Steamin’ Day event. To make room for all of our special train-themed activities and displays, the historic automobiles will not be giving rides on this day. But, the collection will be on display in the Marshall Steam Museum, which is open throughout the event.
Additionally, take a tour of the first floor of the Auburn Heights mansion! $5/person.
Planned activities include:
- Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad (of course!) featuring our 1/8-size live steam and diesel locomotives
- 1930 electric trains in the Marshall Steam Museum (of course)
- Special exhibits spotlighting early track tools, the history of the Auburn Valley Railroad and more, presidential railroad china, the telegraph, and more!
- Special visitors from the Nordel Model Railroad Club with their fun display of model trains!
- And, for the first time, a shuttle to the former NVF site for rides aboard the Wilmington & Western’s Doodlebug (extra $5 fee applies)!
Displays of historic railroad tools and equipment
Building trains out of recycled materials. We will supply all the building supplies you bring the creative talent!