Sunday, May 5, 2019
12:30 to 4:30 pm
Train Day sponsored by Tatnall School
Rain or Shine
with plenty to see & do indoors and under cover
RAINY DAY ADMISSION: $5/person; Members free
Join us for a day celebrating all things train (big & small)!
**Please note that this is not a regular Steamin’ Day event. To make room for all of our special train-themed activities and displays, the historic automobiles will not be giving rides on this day. But the collection will be on display in the Marshall Steam Museum, which is open throughout the event.
Planned activities include:
- Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad (weather permitting)
- Operating display of 1930s Lionel electric trains in the Marshall Steam Museum
- Train-themed Photo Op, raffle and prizes courtesy of our sponsor, Tatnall School
- Special exhibits spotlighting early track tools
- Railroad china exhibit
- A track-building station (for you to get your hands dirty working the rails — under cover!)
- A working telegraph activity so you can practice (or learn) Morse code
- Operating display by the Nordel Model Railroad Club
- And, for the first time, a shuttle to the former NVF site for rides aboard the Wilmington & Western’s Doodlebug (extra $5 fee applies)!
- Plus, first-floor tour of the Auburn Heights mansion for $5/person
And our usual free steam-popped popcorn, of course, and the antique cars (world’s largest collection operating steam cars) on view in the museum!