Sadly, we must cancel Train Day for 2020… but we’re determined to make it extra-special in 2021!
Sunday, May 2, 2021
12:30 to 4:30 pm
Rain or Shine
(with plenty to see & do indoors and under cover)
$8/person (everyone is a kid on Train Day and pays the child rate)
Join us for a day celebrating all things train (big & small)!
**Please note that this is not a regular Steamin’ Day event. To make room for all of our special train-themed activities and displays, the historic automobiles will not be giving rides on this day.
Planned activities include:
- Rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad (weather permitting)
- Special exhibits spotlighting early track tools
- A track-building station (for you to get your hands dirty working the rails — under cover!)
- A working telegraph activity so you can practice (or learn) Morse code
- Displays by special guests
- Plus, first-floor tour of the Auburn Heights mansion for $5/person
And our usual free steam-popped popcorn, of course, plus a selection of antique cars on view while the museum undergoes important renovations!