We offer virtual and in-person outreach programs!
Virtual programs can be experienced live (using Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet) or recorded, with special pricing for each. The programs include movement and story time for the younger engineers, games and critical thinking activities for older engineers. All programs include a downloadable activity packet (not needed to participate in the program).
In-Person programs are available and we will take our programs to you! All programs include a movement activity or game, historical handling objects, and time to color or craft.
While these are scaled for places like schools, libraries and other organizations, we are happy to consider pricing for families and other smaller groups.
About Our Programs
We do more than just read a book! Our Story Time programs encourage creativity, curiosity and movement. Most programs include an engaging story (or two), a movement activity, and an accompanying craft. Themed lessons encourage participants to engage with history, science and technology.
Our hands-on programs encourage critical thinking, observation skills, and creativity. Programs include a short lesson, an engaging activity (or a game), hands-on crafts, and more! Themed lessons encourage participants to engage with history, science and technology.
Watch a preview of each below and download the information packet to learn more:
And the Train Goes… (Grades PreK-2)
Engineer It! (Grades K-2)
Locomotive Lingo (Grades 3-5)
A Cross-Country Road Trip (Grades 3-5)
2024 Library Summer Reading Program – “Animals on the Road” programs for Grades K-2 and 3-5
Our outreach programs cover such themes as:
- History 1890 – Present
- Transportation changes and impacts on American society
- Transportation technologies: Steam, gas, and electric
- Engineering design, process and prototyping
- Primary sources and learning from objects
Some of our special activities include:
- Building car and train models out of recycled materials
- Arts and craft projects
- Handling of historical objects
- Games and movement activities
Pricing and Logistics
- Program Duration: 60 minutes
- Program Cost: Download the information packet or call for pricing information. Program fees differ for in-person and virtual programming.
- Group size: 1 Classroom, maximum of 30 students per program (virtual and in-person). A minimum of one adult chaperone per group is required for all in-person programs and must remain with the students during the length of the program.
- Age Range: Story Time programs range between 3 and 8 years old. Our Education programs range from 7 to 12 years old.
What organizations have said about our Outreach Programs:
“[Allison] made it very personable. She engaged directly with the kids.”
“We loved that there was also a story! Perfect program for a library.”
“Allison does a great job making a virtual program interactive. You can see she’s passionate about what she does.”
For more information regarding outreach programs with the Marshall Steam Museum, please contact:
Director of Public Programs