An old, black & white photo of Stanley cars in front of the Marshall Steam Museum building

Built by Clarence Marshall in 1947 for his growing collection of antique automobiles, the building that now houses the Marshall Steam Museum provides more than 8,000 square feet of display space. Here, the Friends of Auburn Heights displays its remarkable operating collection of antique autos, ranging in date from 1901 to 1937. Sixteen of the cars are “steamers,” including a 1901 Mobile, plus a 1916 electric car, one 1914 Ford Model T and two internal-combustion 12-cylinder Packards from the 1930s. The museum also houses exhibits on the history of the Marshall family and Yorklyn, small locomotives and model steam engines, and standard-gauge Lionel electric trains from the 1930s. Of special note is a hands-on exhibit that reveals how a Stanley power plant functions. In addition to the collections housed in the museum, the Friends volunteers also serve as custodians for the Auburn Valley Railroad that circles the property. Learn more about our collections by clicking on the options below.



Special Collections


Online Exhibits