First Sundays of the Month
May to November
12:30 to 4:30 pm
No advance registration required.
Tickets available at entry.
During Steamin’ Days at Auburn Heights, the site truly comes alive. Visitors are encouraged to climb into an antique automobile or board one of our trains and experience what it was like to travel at the turn of the 20th century. Or tour the magnificent 1897 mansion that was home to three generations of the Marshall family. There is something for everyone at Auburn Heights, whether you are 2 or 92.
- Sunday, May 3: Train Day
- Sunday, June 7: Yorklyn Day
- Sunday, July 5
- Sunday, August 2
- Sunday, September 6
- Sunday, October 4
- Sunday, October 25: Steamin’ Halloween
- Sunday, November 1
- Saturday, November 28: Steamin: Thanksgiving
Don’t miss these exciting days filled with old-fashioned fun for the whole family. Included with all admission options:
- Fresh steam-popped popcorn from our vintage popper
- A Firing Up Demonstration, to see how we set a Stanley in motion
- Entry to the Marshall Steam Museum (following completion of 2020 renovations; the museum will be closed until June/July but as many displays and activities as possible will be hosted outdoors during Steamin’ Days), featuring the world’s largest operating collection of Stanley steam cars plus a 1930s working Lionel electric trains display, a hands-on engine display, kids activities, exhibits, and more
- Museum Gift Shop
Tours of the antique-furnished Auburn Heights mansion, which dates to 1897, are also available, along with rides on the Auburn Valley Railroad and in select antique automobiles from the Marshall Collection, depending on admission option selected.
STEAMIN’ DAY ADMISSION
General Admission (Rides Ticket) includes 4 rides in the antique autos or Auburn Valley Railroad: $12 ages 13 and up, $8 ages 12 and under (infants free). General/Rides Ticket admission is free for Friends of Auburn Heights members.
Mansion Ticket includes tour of two floors of Auburn Heights: $11 ages 13 and up, $6 ages 12 and under (infants free)
Combo Ticket covers it all, rides and mansion: $20 ages 13 and up, $12 ages 12 and under (infants free)
Group Rates: Discounts available for groups of 20 or more when booked in advance. For group inquiries, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: We never let a little drizzle dampen our spirits, so all events are rain or shine. Except for the Egg Hunts, no reservations are needed. In the event of especially inclement weather, you may call the Friends of Auburn Heights office at (302) 239-2385 for a recorded message that will indicate any change in regular plans.
We accept cash, Visa, Mastercard or Discover. Sorry, no pets except service dogs.
Food and beverages: Free popcorn may be enjoyed by all visitors during Steamin’ Day events, and hot dogs, chips and beverages will be available for sale at the gift shop (while supplies last). Please feel free to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy on the grounds at one of our many picnic tables.
View our calendar to see what we have planned or where we might be traveling to.