2018 Annual Fund Campaign for the Friends of Auburn Heights
Simply click on the Donate button below to make a secure payment by credit card (a Paypal account is not required). If you have any questions or would prefer to make your gift over the phone, please call 302-239-2385.
Did you know? You Can Make a Tax-Free Gift from Your IRA!
If you are 70 1/2 years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit the Friends of Auburn Heights and receive tax benefits in return. The IRA Charitable Rollover allows you to transfer any amount up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to a qualified charity without generating taxable income. This means:
- Your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution.
- The distribution is not included in your taxable income.
- Congress has made the IRA Charitable Rollover permanent, so you may make gifts this year and in the future.
Contact your IRA plan administrator for information about how to make a transfer from your account. If you have any questions, please call or email Susan Randolph (Executive Director) at 302-239-2385; firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Annual Fund?
The most important fundraising effort by the Friends of Auburn Heights, the Annual Fund provides direct and immediate support to the organization’s mission-related activities:
- The preservation and continued operation for public enjoyment of the extraordinary historic autos and trains entrusted to our care and the operation of the Marshall Steam Museum;
- Outreach programs that take the unique objects and expertise available at Auburn Heights into the community;
- On-site children’s programs designed to foster a lifelong love of science, history and technology;
- A driver training program that teaches volunteers how to operate, maintain and restore the 100-year-old vehicles in the Marshall collection.
If you have questions or would like to make your gift over the phone, please call our office at 302-239-2385 or email Executive Director Susan Randolph at email@example.com. Please make checks payable to Friends of Auburn Heights and mail to P.O. Box 61, Yorklyn, DE 19736; please indicate that your check is for annual fund.
There are so many ways to give…
Gifts of Securities… You may be able to realize significant tax savings by donating appreciated securities instead of cash.
Matching Gifts… Double Your Donation! Ask if your company has a matching program and send matching gift paperwork to Friends of Auburn Heights to make your gift go even further.
Planned Giving… Many estate-planning options exist that allow you to support the Friends of Auburn Heights through your will or trust. Some can provide significant tax advantages or provide you with current income.
The Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve, Inc., is a charitable organization recognized under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code. Contributions to FAHP are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. Consult your tax adviser concerning your individual tax situation.